Literary LEO 2013
Contest Details and Submission Rules
We are now accepting submissions for Literary LEO 2013.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: DEC. 12, 2012
Winners will be published in the Jan. 23, 2013, issue of LEO Weekly.
Take note: Photography categories are back by popular demand! Last year, we held a separate photography contest, but it turns out you scribes and shutterbugs are a creative match made in heaven, so we’re marrying the two once again.
(1) Short Fiction (2,500 words max)
(2) Flash Fiction (300 words max)
(4) Color Photography
(5) Black-and-White Photography
(6) Something Different (experiment with subject matter or form)
$125 first place; $75 second place; $50 third place, in each category.
Submission Fee: $5 per category, paid in check or money order made out to LEO, with “Literary LEO” noted on the memo line. Entries without payment will be discarded.
THE RULES (please read carefully)
1. You may enter any or all of the categories, submitting up to three color photos, three black-and-white photos, two poems, two of something different, one flash fiction piece and one short story.
2. Include only one cover sheet, on which you must include: (1) your name; (2) address; (3) phone number; (4) email address; and a list of your entries with the appropriate category next to each. NOTE: Failure to do this will disqualify your entry.
3. On each piece entered, write the submission category (short fiction, flash fiction, poetry, something different, color or black-and-white photography). Entries with no category listed will be disqualified.
4. Do NOT include your name or any other personal identification on your submitted work. Include that information only on your cover sheet.
5. All entries must be mailed or delivered to Literary LEO, 301 E. Main St., Suite 201, Louisville, KY 40202, by Dec. 12, 2012. Sorry, no online submissions.
6. Material will not be returned. Please do not send original copies.
7. Winners will be notified and invited to attend a special event.
8. By submitting material, authors recognize that they grant LEO one-time publishing rights, including permission to publish material on LEO’s website.
9. LEO employees and regular freelancers are not eligible.